- ISD Comparison
- ISD Comparison Over Time
- Classroom Details
- Service Utilization by Race/Ethnicity
- GSRP Sites and Child Opportunity Index Map
- Research Reports (Current)
- MSU Team
While public investment in preschool has been an increasingly popular social policy and there are numerous studies documenting its positive impacts, it is not without controversy. Most critics questioned whether it is worth the investment, as some studies suggested the impacts could be minimal or fade quickly. Others challenged the validity of the studies, as many existing findings were based on small samples or subject to selection bias.
To build on the success of GSRP and help address these concerns, this evaluation study aims to answer four questions:
- Is GSRP equitably accessible to 4-year-old eligible children across geographic, racial/ethnic and income subgroups?
- How do different GSRP quality and implementation strategies relate to preschool outcomes?
- What are the academic benefits of GSRP?
- What are the economic returns to ISDs and comparative cost-effectiveness?
- Michigan Public Preschools Improve Kindergarten Readiness (August 2021)
- Great Start Readiness Program State Evaluation 2019-20 Annual Report
- Great Start Readiness Program State Evaluation 2018-19 Annual Report
- Great Start Readiness Program State Evaluation 2017-18 Annual Report. Part One: Accessibility and Program Quality
- Great Start Readiness Program State Evaluation 2017-18 Annual Report. Part Two: Child Eligibility Report